Phonepe QR code: Solving India Merchants Payment Collection Problems
QR Codes are a common way to make payments. It’s quick, simple, and secure. All retailers, from your local grocery store to the big names in the market, accept QR Code-based payments. You can also make this payment using payment apps like PhonePe.
PhonePe is one of India’s most renowned QR Code-based payment apps. It uses BHIM UPI. The app offers cashless payments in a secure and safe environment, just like QR Code payments. It offers many ways to send a payment. Continue reading to learn more about PhonePe QR Code payments.
Digital Payment Methods in India with Types and Its Benefits
Digital payment or online payment is a method of transferring money using an electronic medium, rather than paper…
How to locate your PhonePe QR code?
PhonePe QR code allows you to send and receive money into your PhonePe account. You will need to have the PhonePe app on your phone.
Here are the steps to find your PhonePe QR code:
1. Register your mobile number and create a password to log in to your PhonePe account.
2. After logging in, click the top profile icon in Android. If you are an iphone user, swipe left to access the main screen.
3. A list of options will appear. Click on “My QR Code” to open the list.
4. Now see your PhonePe QR code. It features the PhonePe logo at the center. You will also find QR Code details like Username and Registered Number beneath the QR Code.
5. The next step is to view two options.
- Download Click on this option to download the QR code and save it in your gallery. Then, you can share it with anyone you wish.
- Share — This option allows you to share your PhonePe QR code via social media with your friends.
That’s it. The QR Code can be scanned by your friends to make the payment. The money will be transferred to the recipient’s bank account. We will explain how it works in the next section.
B. After the Scan of Phonepe QR Code
You can transfer money to a user’s account by scanning their PhonePay QR code.
Here’s how to scan the QR code:
1. Log in to your PhonePay Account
2. After logging in, you’ll see the QR Code scanner icon at the top right corner of your screen. Click on this icon.
3. The scanner will now launch. Now, you will need to ensure your smartphone camera is close to the PhonePe QR Code that you wish to scan.
4. After the QR code is detected by the camera, you will be asked to enter the amount to be sent. Click on Proceed once you are done.
It’s that simple. You can scan your phone and pay quickly.
C. How do you generate a PhonePe Merchant QR code?
PhonePe customers now know how to send or receive payments.
This is what you need to know:
a. What are the requirements to open a PhonePe Merchant Account?
These are the things you need:
- Your mobile number and bank account are linked together
- Registering your account requires a SMS Pack or Rs.1 from your phone number. This information is necessary in order to activate your account.
b. How to open a PhonePe merchant accounts
These are the steps to take to create an account.
1. Install PhonePe’s business app into your account. Next, click ‘Sign up’ and enter a username (linked to your bank account) and a mobile number.
2. You will need to enter the one-time password that you have received in the column.
3. You will now be asked to link your bank account. You will also be asked to enter the shop address. This will allow customers to locate nearby PhonePe stores.
4. Once you have completed the process, your QR Code is generated.
This will allow you to easily create a PhonePe account for your business and generate QR codes to receive payments.
UPI Payment in India: Service, Method, Features and Benefits
A UPI, or Universal Payments Interface, is a method of transferring money between bank accounts and merchants that…
c. How do I find the PhonePe QR code in a merchant account?
These steps will help you find your QR code:
1. Log in to your PhonePe Business Account. Go to Profiles.
2. Click on Manage QR codes. Your QR Code will now be visible.
This QR Code can be printed. Place it on your payment desk. End users will be able send payments to your account by scanning this QR code.
You can print the QR code and simply place it at the payment desk to make it a merchant, whether you are a restaurant, grocery store, taxi service, or petrol station. Customers simply need to scan the QR code with their PhonePe app, and then make the payment.
Your bank account will be automatically credited with the payment made by your customers.
D. More information about PhonePe QR Code
PhonePe strives for seamless commerce. Here are some tips to help you use the app like an expert:
- Customers can redeem cashback and prizes when they pay with PhonePay QR Code. Cashback is added to your PhonePe wallet
- You can create your merchant account as a PhonePe customer using the PhonePe app. You should not make any payment to your merchant account with your PhonePe customer ID. Your account could be blocked if you do this.
E. There are many ways to pay with PhonePe
PhonePe has many payment options.
1. PhonePe Wallet
You can add money to your PhonePe wallet. You can also make payments to other PhonePe users. You can also transfer money from your wallet into a bank account.
You can also link PhonePe wallet to Jio Money, Airtel Money, or Free Recharge. You can also add money to it with a debit or credit card.
The perk? You will still be eligible to all PhonePe cashback deals when you make payments with linked wallets on PhonePe.
2. Credit/Debit card
PhonePe allows you to enter your card details and make payment.
3. Net banking
If you have your netbanking account active, you can also make payments through it.
4. Gift certificates
PhonePe allows you to make payments and get credit points or gift cards added to your account. These payment options are available to you.
You can also make a Flipkart payment via PhonePe. Flipkart allows you to exchange or return an order. You can also get a refund in your PhonePe account.
You can therefore choose the right option to pay.
F. Beware of QR Code-based payment frauds
Technology has brought with it many cons. Today, digital payment frauds are common. QR Code payments make transactions much easier but it can also be used to commit fraud.
Online payment fail: Why do and how to avoid it
An online payment involves making a payment for a good or services that was bought online and offline over the…
This is the best way to avoid it. Don’t let these situations drag you down.
Fraudsters have the ability to share a QR code via WhatsApp or other social media apps. The code can be used to scan the code and receive money into their account.
The QR Code is a collect request. It’s a feature of some UPI apps like PhonePe. You have entered your pin and scanned it, and you are already in the scam loop. Next thing you know, your entire bank account balance has been swiped.
You should not give out confidential information such as your card number and expiry date, PIN, OTP, or any other data to anyone in order to avoid fraudulent situations. Do not answer any phone calls asking for your card details, or OTP, no matter how genuine they might seem.
To avoid such scams, you must be present of mind and alert.
Now you are able to see how QR Codes make it easy to pay. You can make transactions that are fast, simple, and secure using apps like PhonePe or Paytm.